SELL YOUR SCRAP ALUMINUM
ALUMINUM SCRAP PRICE
Aluminum recycling is prevalent everywhere, and used beverage container recycling is the most recognized of all the scrap metal recycling initiatives. Cars, window frames, electronics, wire tubing, building parts, and electronics are all sources of aluminum recycling.
Aluminum Recycling Facts
- More than $700 million worth of aluminum cans are thrown away every year in the U.S. alone.
- While aluminum scrap prices are not as high as metals such as copper and brass, the aluminum industry still spends more than $800 million dollars a year on recycled aluminum cans.
- Aluminum recycling saves energy – so much so that one recycled can saves enough energy to listen to an entire music album on an MP3 player.
- Nearly 75% of all aluminum produced in the U.S. is still in use today.
- Aluminum recycling is a never-ending process; aluminum can be recycled over and over again, which means the aluminum recycling price you earn today can be earned repeatedly.
The most common aluminum scrap items we will see are used beverage cans, old Cast aluminum (no more than 5% Fe), new cast aluminum (No Fe attachments), litho sheets, aluminum radiators, aluminum extrusions, and aluminum siding.
The most-important aspect about aluminum recycling is separating clean prepared scrap aluminum from unprepared, dirty scrap. Clean aluminum scrap should not contain adulterating metallic alloy attachments, adhesive, felt, insulation, steel, or zinc attachments.
- Clean Aluminum Lithographic Sheets
- New, Clean Aluminum Lithographic Sheets
- Mixed Low Copper Aluminum Clippings and Solids
- Clean Mixed Old Alloy Sheet Aluminum
- New Aluminum Can Stock
- Post-Consumer Aluminum Can Scrap
- Shredded Aluminum Used Beverage Can (UBC) Scrap
- Densified Aluminum Used Beverage Can (UBC) Scrap
- Baled Aluminum Used Beverage Can (UBC) Scrap
- Briquetued Aluminum Used Beverage Can (UBC) Scrap
- Painted Siding
- Aluminum Copper Radiators
- E.C. Aluminum Nodules
- All Aluminum Radiators From Automobiles
- New Pure Aluminum Wire and Cable
- New Mixed Aluminum Wire and Cable
- Clean Aluminum Pistons
- Clean Aluminum Pistons with Struts
- Irony Aluminum Pistons
- Old Mixed Aluminum Wire and Cable
- Old Pure Aluminum Wire and Cable
- New Production Aluminum Extrusions
- Aluminum Extrusions “10/10”
- Aluminum Extrusion Dealer Grade
- Segregated Aluminum Borings and Turnings
- Mixed Aluminum Borings and Turnings
- Mixed Aluminum Castings
- Aircraft Sheet Aluminum
- New Aluminum Foil
- Post Consumer Aluminum Foil
- New Coated Aluminum Foil
- Aluminum Grindings
- Aluminum Drosses, Spatters, Spillings, Skimmings, and Sweepings
- Aluminum Breakage
- Sweated Aluminum
- Segregated New Aluminum Alloy Clippings
- Mixed New Aluminum Alloy Clippings and Solids
- Segregated New Aluminum Castings, Forgings, and Extrusions
- Aluminum Auto or Truck Wheels
- Aluminum Auto Castings
- Aluminum Conductor Steel Reinforced (ACSR) Wire
- Insulated Aluminum Wire
- Fragmentizer Aircraft Aluminum Scrap (2000 and 7000 Series)
- Aluminum Airplane Castings
- Floated Fragmentizer Aluminum Scrap (From Automobile Shredders)
- Fragmentizer Aluminum Scrap (From Automobile Shredders)
- Burnt Fragmentizer Aluminum Scrap (From Automobile Shredders)
- Shredded Nonferrous Scrap (Predominantly Aluminum)
How to Get the Best Aluminum Recycling Price
Before bringing your scrap aluminum to our Merrillville scrap yard, make sure it only contains aluminum. If your aluminum is mixed with other types of metals, it will impact the aluminum recycling price we are able to pay. Also, in order to get the highest aluminum scrap price possible, it is important that your aluminum scrap is clean, rust-free, and garbage-free. We will offer you a higher aluminum scrap price if you follow these simple steps. Finally, make sure your aluminum scrap has no other metals attached to it. Screws, nails, and other attached parts will reduce the aluminum recycling price you receive.
In short, the less difficult and more efficient it is for the folks at Merrillville Metal Recycling to prepare your scrap for smelting, the higher aluminum recycling price we are able to pay.
Our prices are based on globally published commodity indexes. In accordance with best business practices, providing transparent pricing helps you understand the value of your waste materials. By using index-based pricing, we can build a settlement processes that allow your business to hedge risks, helping you establish predictable cash flows.
Because Merrillville Metal Recycling is a privately funded company, we are able to tailor the contract terms to satisfy your business needs. We understand that the value recovered from your scrap commodities is an integral part of your business. As such, it’s our job to pay you on time, every time, and to find the best end-markets to ensure highest prices are paid.
We understand that decommissioning, demolition, and asset recovery projects can be capital intensive and have a serious impact on your cash flows. It’s our goal to have you win the bid. By providing cash advances, we alleviate the up-front financial obstacles so your revenue streams can be realized. We support the success of your project and provide financial assistance at every turn.